Views from the Metrodome on Pickup Day
If you purchased a seat from the Metrodome these will likely be familiar images. Fans described the experience as slightly surreal: driving into the Metrodome and onto the field itself. It would seem almost sacrilegious to drive on the turf, but like most stadiums it was rolled up and sectioned off for souvenirs.
Click the photos for more information on them. Credits to Baseball-fever.com
Local news coverage and stories on the Dome
- January 8th from KSTP: Vikings Fans Take Metrodome Seats for Souvenirs
- KARE 11 on Friday the 10th: One week before deflation fans still buying Metrodome seats
- Report on dome deflation: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story…wn-on-saturday
- Interview w/ former Dome boss: http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3286234.shtml
- Old file reports on construction of the stadium: http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3286002.shtml
- Story in the West Central Tribune in Willmar, MN, about the local Atwater Baseball Association purchasing 200 seats for a new grandstand at their ballpark: Atwater Baseball Association acquires 200 Metrodome seats
Live webcam view of the site
- Webcam link: http://www.earthcam.net/projects/minnesotavikings/
TCF Bank Stadium, I-35W bridge (partially), the state capitol, and downtown St. Paul are also visible in the distance.
Brackets/chair–stands for the seats
Although we did not handle the seat removal for this job, we supplied the Brackets (chair stands) to mount them.
Your Metrodome memories photos…
If you purchased a seat from the Metrodome, we’d love to add your photos to the gallery from pickup day. You can send them to [email protected], share them on Twitter or post them on our Facebook page.